This years international day of older persons is coming up on 1st October
There are six key ingredients to healthy ageing
- Exercise – body weight – posture
- Sleep & relaxation
- Good nutrition
- Keeping well hydrated
- A positive mental approach
- Sunshine & being outdoors
Exercise & Fitness of the older person
You need to be fit for life, whoever you are and whatever your age. This is achieved through exercise.
- Fitness & exercise can reduce the development of many chronic diseases e.g. heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, and lung disease.
- There are many health problems which result in loss of balance and confidence which can lead to loss of independence, and this can happen at any age.
- Psychologically exercise can improve your mood, reduce stress and anxiety, boost your confidence and improve your social life by meeting new people.
- For further information visit – http://www.csp.org.uk/news-events/events/older-peoples-day-2017