Home program calm energise…
- In sitting, rest your hands on the base of your rib cage.
- Take a deep breath in expanding ribs into your hands.
- As you breath out visualise bringing your tummy button through to your spine, engaging Transverse abdominus (TA).
- Repeat 3-5 time.
- Sitting tall through your sitting bones with your hands rested on your knees. Engage your centre.
- As you breath out roll back keeping the support of your hands on your knees, so you form a deep c curve with your lower back.
- Pause for in breath at a position of stretch.
- Then as you breath out fold from the hips to come forwards.
- With the in breath lift and lengthen up to start positon.
- Continue this as a following movement. You can make the movement more challenging by removing your hand support from your knees.
- Repeat up to 10 times with control.
- Roll down to the mat into lying.
- Laid on your back. Feel shoulder blades are relaxed back and down into the mat and neck is lengthened away; as if your head support is being gently drawn out.
- As you breath out feel tail bone tuck round and start to peel spine away from mat as if it were a string of pearls.
- Hold for an in breath and gradually return spine to the mat as you breath out; thinking of lowering one pearl at a time.
- Stopping into your neutral pelvis position.
- Repeat up to 10 times.
Hip twist level 2
- Draw your feet together on your back and bring the heels towards your tail bone. Arms are opened wide just below 90 degrees at the shoulder.
- Centre with in breath.
- Then as you breath out allow both knees to roll towards your right, keeping shoulders down into mat. Allowing head to gently turn to look towards your left.
- Pause at stretch for in breath.
- Then as you breath out draw your spine down into the mat peeling the upper back down first to bring knees and head back to start position.
- Repeat to the opposite side.
- Continue as a flowing movement up to 5 times each way
Rolling like a ball
- Draw both of your knees in towards your chest and as long as you are comfortable at the neck tuck your chin towards your chest.
- Gently rock forwards and backwards and side to side to give some gentle on off pressure through the muscles along the spine.
Double leg stretch level 2
- On your back with feet hip distance apart and centre set. Float your hands to the ceiling so shoulders are at 90 degrees.
- As you breath out allow both arms to go over head just to your peripheral vision at the same time slide one foot away lengthening the knee.
- With the in breath separate arms and circle hands round to start position as if drawing two capital D’s back to back. At the same time draw foot back in to start position.
- Continue alternating with the legs up to 5 times each side.
- On your hands and knee. Hands just in front of your shoulders knees under hips.
- Draw your spine up to make a curve through the spine, allow your head to relax.
- Pause at stretch. Then allow spine to curve the opposite way keeping neck long with eyes looking at line between thumbs in the mat.
- Repeat alternating position 5 times.
Pose of child
- From 4 point kneeling sit back towards your heels relaxing down with chin gently tucked towards chest. Relax and hold for 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat 3 times.
Click on this link to view our new Pilates class timetable. http://altrinchamphysio.co.uk/pilates-timetable