Altrincham Physiotherapy is please to be offering Face to Face Physiotherapy consultations again.
The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy has allowed us to reopen our business. However, we are still encouraged to offer virtual remote consultations wherever possible. For this reason, if you require a physiotherapy appointment your physiotherapist will contact you before you book your appointment to decide whether it is the most appropriate course of action. This will either be by telephone or online via Zoom. Following this consultation, you may both feel you require to be seen face to face, if this is the case we need you to agree to read and abide to the policy documented below.
Due to Covid-19, we have adopted this new policy which all patients must follow. Anybody who does not follow these guidelines will be refused treatment. The safety of our patients and staff is paramount.
We accept that it is impossible to eliminate completely the risk of virus transmission, however, we have put in place the following procedures to try and minimise these risks as far as possible.
For all patients entering the clinic, the following protocols must be adhered to:
- Only one person will be permitted in the waiting room at a time. We urge you to attend your appointment at the scheduled time and not before. There will be a 15-minute gap between appointments so there will be no reason for the physiotherapist to be running late. You will be able to go straight into the clinic room.
- Upon entry into the clinic, the patient must remove any gloves worn and use the hand sanitizer provided just inside the door. All door handles and surfaces will be cleaned by the clinic staff between each patient.
- You must inform the clinic if you or someone in your household has been unwell in the 14 days before your appointment. If you need to cancel your appointment due to a COVID-19 related issue our normal cancellation policy will be waived, and you will not be charged.
- Patients over the age of 16 are expected to attend their appointment alone, unless permission has been given by the physiotherapist, prior to the appointment.
- If both clinic rooms are being used, the physiotherapist will check the exit route is clear before allowing the patient to exit.
- The physiotherapist will always wear full PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when they are within a 2-metre distance of the patient, including face mask, gloves and apron.
- Both the Patient and the Physiotherapist must always wear a face mask when they are within a 2-metre distance of each other. Face masks will be provided by the clinic if required.
- Following every patient contact, the physiotherapist will clean all the equipment, door handles and surfaces and they will replace their PPE for the next patient.
- All payments must be done either by online banking or card payment. No cash payments will be accepted.
- In event of track and trace procedures being required where the physiotherapist has been diagnosed with Covid-19 your contact details will be passed on the NHS contact tracers.
Thank you for your patience and understanding at this difficult time.